Picture your new future – Do you see yourself in a health career? Maybe working with computers in the IT field or becoming a paralegal sound like a better fit. ACCEL
San Mateo County adult schools offer career classes, many of which lead to industry certifications. That means you are ready to start an entry-level job after you complete the program and pass any required certification exams.
Career training courses are short-term, lasting only weeks or months. This puts you into a better-paying job or career quickly, and you can continue to build on your education by enrolling at your local community college and earning more certifications or working toward an associate degree.
The skills you learn will help lead you to a higher-paying job and will be useful no matter where you go, making the investment of time and money well worth it.
Which adult schools offer career classes in San Mateo County?
Five adult schools in San Mateo County offer career training classes. Many, but not all, career classes require you to have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency, such as your GED or HiSET. Some programs are free, and the cost for others varies, though our schools have worked to offer affordable adult education classes.
Find a program below that interests you and visit the webpage for more information, or call the school for details.
Adult School Career Classes in San Mateo County
Jefferson Adult Education (Daly City)
- Dental Assistant – Train to become a dental assistant through this 100-hour program and prepare for the national licensing exam.
- Office Assistant – Earn the skills needed to be an office assistant through this 16-week program.
- Office Technology – Earn a Microsoft certificate through this 4-month course.
- ServSafe Certification for Managers – Earn a management certification through this 2-day course.
- QuickBooks – Prepare for the Quickbooks certification exam.
Jefferson Adult Education Online Career Training Courses
- Administrative assistant with bookkeeping and QuickBooks
- Entrepreneurship specialist
- Business communication professional
- Paralegal professional
- Front end web developer
- Comp TIA A+
- Medical billing and coding
- EKG technician
- Medical administrative assistant
- Clinical medical assistant
- Personal care assistant
La Costa Adult School
- Modern Office Skills & Technology – An introduction to computers, learn Chromebook basics, keyboarding, internet safety, job search strategies, and Microsoft Office Suite. Improve skills in typing proficiency.
Fill out this form or call La Costa Adult School at 650-712-7140 for more information about the above classes.
San Mateo Adult School
- Office Support Specialist Training Program – Learn Microsoft Office 2016, Quickbooks Pro 2015 and Google Docs, with potential for college credit.
- Pharmacy Technician – This 130-hour program prepares you to enter the pharmacy field and to take the certification exam.
- Professional Communications for Business and Beyond – Learn the communication and decision-making skills you need to thrive in any work setting through this 90-hour in-class and online course. Potential for certification by Southwest Airlines.
- SMART Business classes (Spanish)
Sequoia District Adult Education (Menlo Park)
- Introduction to Computers (bilingual) – Learn Chromebook basics, as well as keyboarding and internet safety.
- Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center – Take a business prep course that will prepare you to start, operate or grow your own business.
South San Francisco Adult Education
- Hospitality & Tourism Management – Earn the Guest Service Entry-Level Professional Skills Certificate at Skyline College in two semesters.
- Modern Office Technology – Learn Windows 10, Office 2016 and internet skills that could lead to a certification.