Reshaping your future starts with a GED class or the HiSET, another high school equivalency option. If you’re just a few classes shy of your high school diploma, then our adult schools can help you earn that, too. Whichever path you take, you’re investing in a new future for yourself and your family. Your education will keep paying for itself again and again, no matter your zip code.
Here are ways to finish your high school education:
- Earn your high school diploma, if you’re already fairly close to the finish line.
- Take GED classes that prepare you to take the GED test. This is considered a high school equivalency, versus a high school diploma.
- Take HiSET classes to prepare for the HiSET test. This also is a high school equivalency, like the GED, but the two exams are different.
The classes are free, but there is a fee to take the GED and HiSET exams. To find out the cost, visit the adult school website or click on the link to the program page. Below we list which programs are offered at each of the five adult schools in San Mateo County.
Finish High School Through These San Mateo County Programs
Jefferson Adult Education (Daly City)
- GED and High School Diploma (combination of online and in-person work)
- GED in Spanish
- Official Pearson VUE (GED) and Certiport Testing Center
La Costa Adult School (Half Moon Bay)
San Mateo Adult School
Sequoia District Adult Education (Menlo Park)
South San Francisco Adult Education
To support students in GED and HiSET preparation classes, adult schools host official GED and/or HiSET test centers. The cost of an individual subject test is $35, and the battery of all GED or HiSET tests is $140. You’ll need to check with each school as to what tests their test centers offer.
More Information About Adult Education in San Mateo County
- Finishing your high school education is just the start. Check out our career classes and set a goal to go after once you finish your high school work.
- Contact one of our adult education representatives for guidance.
- Find answers to questions about adult education.
- Give us your contact information, and your local adult school or college will email or call you.